Portable Helium/Hydrogen Sniffing Leak Detector
The portable helium tracer gas sniff only MD-490S is considered the Leak Detection “Work Horse” by manufacturing companies worldwide is now available in two tracer gases.
MD-490S Dual Gas is the most advanced sniffing Helium/Hydrogen leak detector designed specifically for industrial environments. The MD-490S Dual Gas utilizes VIC’s own industrial-grade mass spectrometer to achieve the highest sensitivity, fastest response-time, and smallest footprint. With a touch of a button, this dual gas unit can detect either Helium or Hydrogen tracer gases, while using a single built-in dual purpose calibrated gas leak.
MD-490S Dual Gas Features and Benefits
- One Button Switch between helium and hydrogen tracer gases.
- Fully Automatic Calibration sequence with built-in dual gas (helium and hydrogen mix) NIST calibrated gas leak which prompts the operator to insert probe into the built-in leak and adjusts the machine’s leak rate reading to match the leak value.
- Vibra-Leak™ Probe with background suppression button provides tactile feedback when leak rate exceeds the reject set point; Ideally suited for noisy environments where audio alarms cannot be heard or where leak detectors are in close proximity; Vibra-Leak™ Probe solves background tracer gas problems during the test.
- Tracer Gas Background Suppression with a push of a button; the MD-490S eliminates the tracer gas background.
- Most Sensitive Sniffer Available with 10-8 sensing capabilities through enhanced tracer gas collector design and signal processing.
- Fully Interactive System Diagnostics include critical parameters such as run times, operating voltages/currents and pressures.
- Graphical and Numerical Displays of leak rate values.
- Sealed Membrane Keypad for long life in harsh environments.
- Dry (oil-free) Vacuum Pumping minimizes maintenance and potential oil-contamination problems.
- Probe Blockage Alarm ensures proper system performance.
- Front Panel Key Lock-Out prevents unauthorized use.
- High Output Adjustable Audio Alarm up to 110 dB.
MD-490S Dual Gas