MD-490S Portable Dry Helium Leak Detector – Sniffer Model
AVAILABLE UNDER OUR RENTAL PROGRAM
The MD-490S is a leader among portable tracer gas leak detectors. With a response time less than 0.5 seconds, sensitivity to 10-8 direct reading atm-cc/sec, and the ability to the zero-out background, this is the most aggressive portable leak detector in the industry. The MD-490S is fully integrateable with our SmartCharge IV Evacuation and Backfill Station.
- Fastest response time in the industry (less than 0.5 seconds)
- Helium background suppression
- Maintenance-free, dry pump
- Sensitivity to 5 x 10-8 Atm-cc/sec
- Less than 3 minutes total start-up time
- Fully interactive system diagnostics with multilingual displays
- Front panel key lock-out
- Complete with standard probe and built-in calibrated gas leak
- Optional Remote Display and exclusive Vibrating Probe
- Five year warranty on major components
- Sensitivity: Smallest detectable helium leak rate 5x10-8 Atm-cc/second helium (atmospheric sniffer mode).
- Response Time: Approximately 0.5 seconds. Leak Rate Range: 10-3~10-8 Atm-cc/second direct reading of helium leak rate (compensated for atmospheric sampling).
- Startup Time: Less than 3 minutes; one-button automatic operation.
- Console: Microprocessor-based electronics incorporating 40-character alphanumeric prompting display; fully automatic operation including startup, shutdown, leak rate ranging, automatic zero, and diagnostics including operating and runtime parameters; contains 40 segment leak rate indicator and operator function buttons.
Miniaturized 90° deflection, fixed magnet design; all stainless steel construction; NW-40 flange for high vacuum connection; utilizes two non-burnout thoria coated iridium filaments.
- Pumps: Dry (oil-free) built-in diaphragm fore- pump and 70-liter/second air-cooled molecular drag pump.
- Inlet System: Interstage design incorporating integral mass separator high flow atmospheric inlet; standard sniffer probe hose length 10-feet; other lengths available.
- Calibrated Leak: 150cc high pressure cylinder with low volume stainless steel leak element; traceable to N.I.S.T. with calibration certificate supplied; easily removable for recalibration.
- Pressure Measurement: Probe blocked sensor (10-3 Torr); turbopump speed characteristics for high vacuum (10-6 Torr).
Multilingual Alphanumeric Prompting Display
Optional Vibra-LeakTM Probe
Built-in Calibrated Leak is easy to view
Power: 115/220 Volts AC, 60/50 Hz, 6/3 Amps; CE Compliant
Weight: 70 pounds (31.8 kilograms)
Dimensions: 13-9/16”(344mm) W x 15-9/16”(395mm) H x 24-5/16”(618mm) D
Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
Coils, Evaporators, Condensers, Compressors, Hoses
Radiators, Air Conditioning Components, Fuel Tanks, Fuel Injection Systems, Air Bags, Heat Exchangers, Heater Cores, Pressure Transducers, Headlights, Wheels, hoses
Fire Extinguishers, Air Conditioners, Heat Pumps, Refrigerators, Freezers, Gas Meters, Gauges
Process Gas Lines, Valves
Medical Products & related sub-assemblies
Food Packaging & related sub-assemblies
Aerospace Components & related sub-assemblies
Product information is subject to change without notice. Product images may include options or accessories not included with the base model.